Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Irrational Exuberance and Going Galt

Here's a thorough summary (yes, I know, but bear with me,) of the impact Ayn Rand has had on today's society: From the Awl. (I won't excerpt it, as it's a good read.)

Here's a review of the upcoming part one of Atlas Shrugged, obviously written by a fanboy.

Here's my summary, thoroughly stolen from the web:
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

I say, Go Galt. You are largely responsible for where we are today. We don't need or want you.

No comments:

Post a Comment